View Single Post
Old 10.01.2021, 19:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 122 Times in 89 Posts
Thanked 6,206 Times in 3,478 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How much you are able to invest in stock market?

Quote:
View Post
I just invest a certain amount every month and have been doing that for some years. I tend to leave the portfolio mostly as it is, I know a lot of people think that is not the way to do it, but I‘m fine with it and it works ok for me.

And some times I just invest an additional lump sum (bonus time, after paying taxes......).
I think that I currently apply a similar strategy to my holdings. I haven’t sold my positions yet and view it as a long term investment. However, I don’t put money every month into stocks but rather wait for lump sums to build up first, then study the companies carefully and execute the orders. Alas, due to quite steep fees on the SQ, it does not make sense for me to go for smaller amounts than 1k-2k per company.

The whole process of picking right stocks is very exciting to me. I’m rather cautious investor and besides studying the performance indices, I have to know the company via their products. In the first years of investments, I used to follow my instincts and read a lot. Currently, mu success rate in choosing the right companies is 87%, meaning out of 15 at least 13 are increasing in value. Due to relatively low amounts invested, I can sleep well at night. However, I must admit that gazing at the tables everyday is somewhat addictive. I could improve in this department and make it less of a bad habit.

Having said that, I’m willing to increase my presence on the market in the future but would like to be convinced that it’s really the right choice.
🎾🎾Our charity organization to help unprivileged kids to realize their dreams:
FMTF Supports Tennis For Children in Southern Africa

Last edited by jacek; 10.01.2021 at 21:54.
This user would like to thank jacek for this useful post: