View Single Post
Old 10.01.2021, 19:39
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 359 Times in 246 Posts
Thanked 19,200 Times in 10,022 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
This is why we lost.
Absolutely. But it is the same attitude that repulses any other member states thinking of leaving the EU and eating rice and beans the next 20 years. The UK knew damn well why they voted, all of them. I wish it wasn't that way, being squeezed between the EU and USSR feels crappy and we had huge hopes for the EU. I still do, I think. It's more than pathetic.

Quote:
I just don’t understand why you genuinely believe that people didn’t know what they were voting for..
I think it is genuine and I think that that's worse. There is a huge gap of classes that for me coming from a country reducing all to proletariat, makes no sense. Maybe the gap is historic or is promoted and supported, but feels very anachronistic.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: