View Single Post
Old 10.01.2021, 20:02
rav rav is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Lausanne 25
Posts: 18
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
rav has no particular reputation at present
Re: Tenancy agreement - what happens if i get fired?

View Post
Although you have been in Switzerland for less than one year, you might still be eligible for Swiss RAV/ORP unemployment compensation:

"Contribution period

You must provide evidence of at least 12 months of contributions within the last 2 years (framework period for the contribution period) before the initial registration.
Contribution periods also include:
- periods of employment subject to contributions as an employee in Switzerland;
- contribution periods completed in the EU as an EU national or in EFTA as an EFTA national if you were last employed in Switzerland and subject to contributions."

If you worked in an EU/EFTA country prior to coming to Switzerland, you should order form PD U1 from that country. To be eligible for Swiss unemployment compensation, you will need to have a total of 12 months of work in Switzerland and the previous EU country in the past 24 months.

More information on the RAV/ORP Swiss job service is at this link:

Good luck!
Thanks, but I only have 3 months since I've been working in Switzerland. If I get fired, my situation gets desperate.
Reply With Quote