View Single Post
Old 11.01.2021, 00:50
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 35 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 2,114 Times in 1,053 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UBS pension Withdrawal Change - but what about tax?

Quote:
View Post
Think that you need address that to the UK Govt., not me. But thanks anyway

I don’t get your hostility - you know how much tax will be deducted on your pension savings when withdrawing from Switzerland. If I do a quick internet research, I can see what possibilities there are are of transferring to my next UK pension pot. I would have researched this long before Brexit if I’d been in the same situation. You are talking about a 55% tax from the UK side - seems to be a UK and not a Swiss English Forum problem
Id have no idea who to ask if I was moving back. This is probably the most fertile source of fellow uk expats who've been through the same experience.

Withdrawing is very sensible even with a 6% tax as he'd have the freedom to invest as he likes - Swiss pensions are highly regulated and very low performance.
This user would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post: