View Single Post
Old 11.01.2021, 08:05
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 175 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 4,929 Times in 1,893 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Why? Why do you hope so? You obviously hate EU and everything that it represents so? I really hope UK will stay where people voted to stay. Good luck.
Not at all, I am for remain, for single EU, for single market and for FMOP. I always have been and I expect always will and I do not for a moment dislike the EU, I think it is a powerful and important being.

my fundamental override on that though is that democracy is the most important institution. No matter what people's opinions on the vote - which is what we all have, just opinions - when it came to actual counting of votes, leave won the vote and remain lost. Therefore democratically, we need to leave the EU. After that, we hopefully can rejoin if the political landscape is correct.

If you don't leave though, if you have a public referendum where the choice is "leave" or "remain" and then when the public votes leave the countries leaders say "actually, no, we won't do it", then you have fundamentally broken the democratic process and this really matters.

The only hate involved is how much you hate the UK and gain happiness in its decision to leave.
This user would like to thank Mikers for this useful post: