View Single Post
Old 11.01.2021, 14:28
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 68 Times in 38 Posts
DL21 has earned the respect of manyDL21 has earned the respect of manyDL21 has earned the respect of many
Re: Car Import - 12 Month Rule

Quote:
View Post
Great suggestion, long term I am going to buy US TPMS sensors for the winter set. I think I will just throw on the all season wheels and avoid the hassle of explaining the TPMS issue.

Would still like to know if TPMS is a requirement for the inspection if they would give anyone grief over not having it.
don't know to be honest. i suspect they wouldn't care.
more just that you probably want TPMS working and winter tyres for driving around.

last year I was driving along in italy at, i'm afraid to say, well over the speed limit when my TPMS beeped. I could see the pressure dropping in front of my eyes as I slowed down and managed to get into an autostrada service station that was fortunately 500m away. it alerted me long before i would have noticed a low pressure and potentially saved an accident. about 1-2 minutes after it beeped i was parked and the pressure was down well under 1 bar. it was a screw in the tyre that had come out and left a huge hole.

i'm not saying everyone should run and install a TPMS system retroactively, but if you have it, you might as well use it.
This user would like to thank DL21 for this useful post: