View Single Post
Old 11.01.2021, 19:43
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 32 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 2,075 Times in 1,036 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have the Big Tech Giants got too much power ?

Quote:
View Post
That's why ISPs (the "pipes") should be heavily regulated, as the internet as such is for all intents and purposes a utility.

man honestly you're seeing ghosts. FAANG is a stock market acronym of high performers and is used in that context. These companies have some competing products, but they are all fundamentally different companies and in different markets. Facebook would benefit from Parler going away because it's social media, but none of the other companies have anything to gain from Parler going away. And as long as you consider your mobile phone an "essential service" then fine by me to be honest.

It's really funny how libertarians and right wing people are suddenly screaming for regulation, when Trump and his definitely-not-swampy cabinet tore down pretty much every piece of regulation they touched, unless it was to protect them from criticism or scrutiny of any kind
Not this one. I support Twitter's right to police Trump as they see fit.

A lot of self-styled libertarians are really just people on the hard culture right, who will drop libertarianism when it suits them (e.g. Ted Cruz). I like to think I'm a real one.