View Single Post
Old 11.01.2021, 21:51

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
maxc has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
Hello. Welcome!

Wow, Iím surprised they let you travel, I have friends who werenít even allowed out to visit parents abroad, they must be getting more generous (maybe now the government arenít funding quarantine when you return).

Enjoy your visit!
For a while there it wasnít worth applying to exit, but as things eased up internally within Aus in Oct / Nov they relaxed the border given you could prove you werenít a liability if you got stranded internationally. I think now itís even easier again as time has moved on. Which is great news for your friends, if they havenít already tried again to apply Iíd recommend giving it a shot

Thank you, I shall!

Quote:
View Post
For the sbb: buy a halftaxcard and look out for the sparbillets.
Landing a joboffer is not easy usually in the wintertime , there are not many offers.
Will you marry to get a permit ?
Cheers for the heads up on the halftaxcard. Iíll suss this out!

Weíre considering the marriage thing honestly. To us it holds little ceremonial obligations or anything like this so if itís a means to an end then for sure. Would you happen to know if the permit is granted directly once our married state is confirmed, or is there some waiting period in proving its merit?

Quote:
View Post
Hi and welcome to Switzerland and the forum!

There are a heap of Australians in Switzerland, if you turn over a few rocks you're bound to find one or two.

Check out the Social Events section of the forum, but not so much is going on at the moment on that front ...
Appreciate the warm welcome in the coldest place Iíve ever been!

Yeah the social thing definitely isnít booming. Iíll keep my eyes and ears peeled for these Aussies.

Cheers

Last edited by 3Wishes; 11.01.2021 at 22:04. Reason: merging consecutive replies