View Single Post
Old 11.01.2021, 22:15

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Theoslimm has earned some respectTheoslimm has earned some respect
Re: A bit bored in Basel

Quote:
View Post
What were your last l upcycling projects then?
Modified a cast iron sewing machine base to store my vinyl - started to get back into playing records. I wanted to keep the base as unchanged as possible so it can easily be put back to its original purpose if, for example, I get a sudden urge to sew a frock. Most of the work was wire-brushing the rust off and polishing in the 'black lead'

The bigger project was chopping up an old wood-wormy harmonium to use as a 'cool shelf' - think this would look amazing in a bathroom. Cutting it all down and modifying the organ stops so they can still be pulled out took a bit of effort - along with the woodworm treatment, cleaning etc. Oh, and I put in some new 'vintage' wiring and remade the lamp fittings - it was a challenge as I found (probably from 80 years ago) they had used self-amalgamating rubber tape both for electrical isolation and as a means to fix the lamp-holders in place. Obviously doesn't meet current elec. standards but fun times to replace and refit with fresh tape.

I took a couple of pics but don't remember how to bung them on here, will have a look later and upload them for some constructive criticism (pun intended)

Tim
This user would like to thank Theoslimm for this useful post: