View Single Post
Old 11.01.2021, 21:19
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,927 Times in 909 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie recently landed in CH

Do you have an EU nationality in addition to Australian? If not we gotta be brutally honest with you: your options are gonna be very limited.

I met my Swiss ex-wife back 20 years ago and did pretty much what you've done. Unfortunately the reality was (and still is) marriage was the only option to stay, and all the paperwork for this had to be completed from Oz. It took us around a year to get things sorted, although that was before a lot of online applications became available.

Jobs weren't easy to come by before COVID so unless you're specially qualified in some niche area, finding employment will be near impossible.

As Australia has just reduced the inbound quotas, you may even struggle to get back.

If you are really keen on staying, then invest your time researching the many resources and posts on the topic to get informed. PM me if you want some links to some aussie FB groups as well.
The following 2 users would like to thank litespeed for this useful post: