View Single Post
Old 12.01.2021, 10:50

Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Theoslimm has made some interesting contributions
Re: A bit bored in Basel

Quote:
View Post
I'm not sure about "organized", but I was able to use my connections to find her a bike - and she was lucky

And yes, that's the same story all over: people rushing to get their license before the rules change. But surely by now you're able to find a bike? Need some help?
Thanks, that's a very kind offer DD! Now I completed the Grunkurs I was thinking that the bike to 're-learn' on and take my test would be one that I would splash a little more cash on and keep for a while. I don't plan on getting a new bike (think that would be crazy for a Newbie like me) but a newer second hand with ABS. As I'm in Basel I was also looking at local places in Germany as well as Motoscout24. Again, as a newbie I'm in no rush to go out and get something to drive for the first time on winter roads - especially after skidding out on my part 3
As mentioned, I was looking at the Bonneville, but this is purely based on looks. I like the idea of going further and having weekends away, maybe camping, so comfort and good panniers might end up being more important than looks. Anyhow I should probably try a few and get a better feel before going for it... but want to wait for warmer weather (OK, I know I'm just a wimp)
This user would like to thank Theoslimm for this useful post: