View Single Post
Old 12.01.2021, 11:14

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Izzt89 has an excellent reputationIzzt89 has an excellent reputationIzzt89 has an excellent reputationIzzt89 has an excellent reputation
Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I am new to Switzerland and am trying to figure out the best health insurance franchise for my case. I moved here from the United States. I am fairly healthy and don't usually visit the doctor except for an annual visit to get some basic blood work and my prescription for levothyroxine renewed. My insurance used to cover the cost of my prescription completely in the United States. Does anyone have any idea on how much the drug costs here and if I should opt for a lower franchise given I need a regular supply of levothyroxine? or is the cost of levothyroxine low enough that it shouldn't be a problem. I am used to taking the generic version of the drug.
It doesn't matter if it is original or generics, prices of Levothyroxine are 10 times higher in Switzerland than in the rest of EU countries. I would strongly suggest to take the doctors' prescription, and, in any trip that you make to France, Germany, or any other country, go to a pharmacy, and buy 3 or 4 boxes (for the whole year). If the pharmacist frown (which, s/he shouldn't, as you have an original prescription), just tell him/her that you are on holidays and forgot to pack the pills. Price in EU countries = 2.5 EU/box.
Cheers, and welcome to Switzerland....

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I am fairly healthy and don't usually visit the doctor except for an annual visit to get some basic blood work and my prescription for levothyroxine renewed. .....
and if I should opt for a lower franchise given I need a regular supply of levothyroxine? or is the cost of levothyroxine low enough that it shouldn't be a problem. I am used to taking the generic version of the drug.
BTW, If you decide to go to the minimum premium (with 2500 CHF cost/year allowance), and you co-pay 300 CHF+ for some GYN yearly check..(let alone the cost of your endocrinologist, which might be even higher), you will see that the Levothyroxine is the least of your costs...

Last edited by roegner; 12.01.2021 at 11:22. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
The following 2 users would like to thank Izzt89 for this useful post: