View Single Post
Old 12.01.2021, 13:58

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
peaky is considered knowledgeablepeaky is considered knowledgeablepeaky is considered knowledgeable
Re: Yay - restaurants open!

Quote:
View Post
As much as I would love things to be a bit more normal and be able to go to a restaurant or café again this is really not the right way for them to go about things.
The places that took part were taking a stand, knowing the consequences and they some how do have a point.

These places have put up perspect screens, separated tables, set up apps and contract tracing measures, online menus so you dont touch the cards, they have jumped through hoops to follow the rules and make everything safe.

Yet on the trains, trams, buses. If I have a coke or a coffee, I can sip away freely with every man and his dog next to me. All the ski lifts are back up and running, having been in one in Interlaken over new years, yes everyone wore a mask, but we were still packed in like sardines.

And from what I read, these businesses without more financial support or being allowed to open again, will shut anyway in March, so what difference does making a stand, being heard and losing your license make, if you are losing your business anyway.

There is zero consistency in just about any country on the message and rules that are being communicated.

Can anyone tell me why reducing convenient/train station stores and food stores opening hours, giving people less chance to shop for food and intensifying the customers during the opening hours will help reduce the spread?

Bring back normality!!
The following 4 users would like to thank peaky for this useful post: