View Single Post
Old 12.01.2021, 14:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 122 Times in 89 Posts
Thanked 6,220 Times in 3,483 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How much you are able to invest in stock market?

Quote:
View Post
The difficulty I have with this poll is that the options assume that low investment amount equals exposure to risk, and the higher the investment amount, the greater the exposure risk.

And yet, in a diversified asset allocation, the exposure to risk could be reduced when the investment amount is greater.
Of course. Understood. Please select option that reflects your current situation better and our top management will get back to you ASAP. (Sounds very Swiss )

P.S. For instance ... What level of Risk? Hell, I am very resilient and have no problem with it

On the serious note though, I agree that higher capital put in play on the market will result with higher gains in bull market but also higher losses in the bear market. Over the time though it’s assumed that the stocks will increase their value.

What I meant though is, for a typical household you remove certain amount of disposable income that you may part with for certain or indefinite duration of time. So there is always the risk that you don’t have access to it in unpredictable case of e.g. job loss, sudden unexpected expenses, pandemic, economic crash ... and whatever calamity occurs for that matter that will force you to use the money that initially were not planned.
🎾🎾Our charity organization to help unprivileged kids to realize their dreams:
FMTF Supports Tennis For Children in Southern Africa

Last edited by jacek; 12.01.2021 at 14:44.