Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 12.01.2021, 13:58
Forum Legend

Groaned at 163 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 7,535 Times in 3,455 Posts
baboon has a reputation beyond reputebaboon has a reputation beyond reputebaboon has a reputation beyond reputebaboon has a reputation beyond reputebaboon has a reputation beyond reputebaboon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I am all for masks, but I don't really see the point of this. If adults - and even medical professionals - cannot wear marks correctly, how can we expect primary school children to do this?

Far better to vaccinate teachers...
Teachers should be vaccinated but that isn't the main problem here. School kids are acting as the conduit to transfer infections from one family to another and given there are now far fewer routes for infections to pass probably quite an important one (whatever might have been said about this months ago). The problem is going to get worse as it seems pretty clear the new mutations are more communicable amongst kids than the original.

I guess if we get a UK/Ireland rate of spread there will be no choice but to close the schools for a couple of weeks to break the chain. Do this early February when they mostly have a week off anyway and not too much schooling is lost. Just the whole country at once rather than staggered which is otherwise what happens with the ski weeks.

Last edited by baboon; 12.01.2021 at 15:03.