View Single Post
Old 12.01.2021, 15:49
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 68 Times in 38 Posts
DL21 has earned the respect of manyDL21 has earned the respect of manyDL21 has earned the respect of many
Re: Yay - restaurants open!

Quote:
View Post
this might be harsh but a lot of these do need to go out of business judging on the service and quality they provide. new ones will spring up that will be better oriented to the customer

as way of example I was in a boulangerie last sunday (one of the few ones that is open on sunday) and they had a gallet de rois and I asked if it was fresh (this specific boulangerie markets itself on "freshly made")... the employee basically went on rant for 5 mins complaining "hy should I come in at 5am to bake" and ended with a "I can't be bothered, just choose what you want"

I've noticed the restaurants that have been successful in the lockdown (and there are several) have been creative, customer friendly and overall have managed to maintain or grow their business
i agree with that. buts hard to be either great or bad if you're closed. let's face it - take away is not the same and will never generate the necessary revenue for most restaurants to survive. especially good restaurants.
This user would like to thank DL21 for this useful post: