Thread: Cancel Culture
View Single Post
Old 12.01.2021, 16:38
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 3,148 Times in 1,326 Posts
swissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cancel Culture

Quote:
View Post
#DontRentDC is common sense, protecting your neighborhood and business.

But imagine an airline refusing to let people board because there will be a championship game and fans will riot and damage the city after their team wins the game. It might have a moral base, but how can you tell a rioter from a non-violent citizen? What data do they need to make the right guess? Bad data means bad guesses, good data means......thanks for GDPR.

I know GDPR theoretically does not apply to CH, but lots of business already apply it because our customers on the EU. No sense in having two systems in the company.
I think the urgency and priority are for the upcoming inauguration and the safety factors involved. And keeping DC citizens safe. I can see your argument when it comes to GDPR.
I don't know how we would separate potential football hooligans... I would assume known hooligans are probably on some noflylists too?
The following 3 users would like to thank swissotter for this useful post: