View Single Post
Old 12.01.2021, 17:24

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
thekman is considered knowledgeablethekman is considered knowledgeablethekman is considered knowledgeable
Re: Driving to London / Brexit: New regs on animal imports

Hi everyone, I have been back in Zurich from my trip since Saturday evening and 'enjoying' quarantine as the snow falls outside.

To answer some of the questions asked:

1) Travelling into the UK/France with my dog was no issue whatsover given I had all the proper documentation and certificates. There were some people I noticed getting caught out due to missing dates in passports etc.

2) No issue with the French authorities in Folkstone whatsoever, just make srue you have a proper certified 'Fit to Fly' COVID sheet and have filled out your COVID declaration docs

3) In terms of personal quarantine when I got to my intended location (London), I booked a private test with an approved test centre about 2 miles away for my 5th day in the UK for a 'Test to Release' which cost about 150 with a 24-hour result guarantee (took about 5-hours to get the all clear)...so no you do not need to stay in Folkstone upon arrival if you have a place you can quarantine.

3) At the Swiss border there was no issue, though I was not stopped. Presumeably a ZH plated car crossing from France into Switzerland is the last one they are looking to stop...

I know circumstances have shifted greatly since I last posted, but if you need to make this trip by car with or without a dog then I would say there is little to worry about so long you have a reason to be in the UK (your passport), a reason to travel back to CH ( your permit) and are able to obey the quarantine restrictions.

Last edited by thekman; 12.01.2021 at 18:25.
The following 6 users would like to thank thekman for this useful post: