View Single Post
Old 12.01.2021, 21:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 247 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,367 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Purchasing topic acne medication from the US

Quote:
View Post
I have acne-prone skin and usually stock up on topical acne creams when I've back in North America. I have not found any over-the-counter creams in Switzerland that contain the active ingredients that work for me, namely
Adapalene and benzoyl peroxide.

Since my stocks are running low I am considering purchasing some creams from iHerb through their CH site, but am worried that I might have trouble with customs. I have searched https://www.swissmedicinfo.ch/ for these active ingredients but can't find anything. I don't know if this means these ingredients aren't controlled, or if I am just not using the correct search terms.

Does anyone have experience importing such skin care products to Switzerland by post?
I have bought from iHerb.com many, many times (shipped here to CH) and have never had any problems with customs or had to pay anything once the package arrived. I've even had melatonin shipped here, by them, which you cannot buy here in CH without a prescription. Also, I believe that iHerb.com now calculates your VAT or customs fees for you, before you submit your online payment, so you know in advance what you have to pay in that regard.

If you haven't seen those products listed as being prohibited here, I doubt you will have any problems. Perhaps you could also ask an Apotheke here if they know if those products are prohibited.
This user would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post: