View Single Post
Old 13.01.2021, 10:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 55 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,812 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UBS branch office closures

Quote:
View Post
The bus service here is not fantastic whereas in my home village in the UK it is. I don’t think we can generalise about whole countries in that way, as with a lot of things it depends on where you are and what the local priorities are.
That applies to any generalisation though, that's the point.

I lived in several locations in England and Scotland, and the bus service outside of major towns was consistently awful.

Whereas in Switzerland it is an integrated part of the transport and generally links all decent sized villages to rail hubs on a regular timetable.

ps. out of curiosity I checked the bus route for where I grew up, and to our local train station 7 miles away it has significantly improved - there's now two services per day, and it only takes two buses and 1hr20min (!) when I grew up it was a bit quicker, but there were only buses on two days a week.

Last edited by newtoswitz; 13.01.2021 at 10:20.