View Single Post
Old 13.01.2021, 11:42
Forum Legend

Groaned at 291 Times in 220 Posts
Thanked 18,179 Times in 6,370 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Withholding tax for part-time employees. New tax regulations for 2021

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I work part-time for the EU company and use a payroll service to pay taxes and social deductions.
I was surprised that the tax in my latest salary statement was doubled. The payroll company explained to me that they have to tax me like I'm working for 100%. Since they do not know if I'm working anywhere else.

"If the employer does not know the employee’s total degree of employment, the wage for the rate-determining income is calculated on the basis of a degree of employment of 100%."

Does anyone have the same case? Is there any option how to pay withholding tax based on my real income?
Assuming that you have no other employers, declaring that they are the only employer should be sufficient, in my opinion.

The employer is now just covering its ass, as they would be liable missing tax at source payments under the new law.