View Single Post
Old 13.01.2021, 12:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 152 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 7,569 Times in 2,588 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UBS branch office closures

Quote:
View Post
Well yes- I am an old biddie- and I do not want our small towns and villages to lose their POs, banks, local shops, butcher's, baker's, pharmacies, and for everything to be bought on line. Ghost towns, dormitory villages without souls- and older people left bereft in isolation.
I wrote my bachelor thesis on the feasibility of an online banking device and corresponding service geared towards people who are currently banking exclusively offline either due to their generation, lack of technical expertise or fear of using such tools. Banks have been closing branches at a rate of knots for over a decade now. Many people now get neighbours or family members to help them with online banking but this leaves them vulnerable to the less honest elements of society as well as them not being available to help when needed. Furthermore, if someone who is not internet savvy suddenly gets online to do banking, they are easy targets for scammers, malware and other nasty goings on.
The following 4 users would like to thank Kittster for this useful post: