View Single Post
Old 13.01.2021, 13:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 152 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 7,569 Times in 2,588 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UBS branch office closures

Quote:
View Post
Indeed, computer illiteracy is big problem. Just because people is able to unblock a phone with the face it doesn't mean people knows how hardware and software works. Most of these people is a walking disaster waiting to happen: from classic fraud to I did not read the T&Cs carefully enough.

The idea that screens are bad for some reason doesn't help. So far, I've only seen public policy in France against illectronisme, can be translated to computer illiteracy. Meanwhile, popular culture fears computers and idealizes a life without them instead of thinking about the need to master them.
I actually consulted with an "Ethical Hacker" (he gets paid to try and breach systems) to understand what the best security options would be. When I mentioned my concept to someone at the Mousetrap, they were very interested but conceded that I should have pitched my idea to banks a few years ago as they currently have the attitude that people who may need such a concept are dying out anyway and it's not worth pursuing. However, there are plenty of young people who struggle with this and who may not have sufficient knowledge to stay safe.
This user would like to thank Kittster for this useful post: