View Single Post
Old 13.01.2021, 14:15

Groaned at 43 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 1,022 Times in 373 Posts
RufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
For the record, I do think some of the EU countries will overtake the UK as:

- I think there's an advantage in being a smaller country in this kind of bureaucratic exercise
- The NHS is an embarrassing shambles and relying on letters in the post
- There is no central record of where people live in the uk - obviously a problem when you are inviting people for vaccination. Probably less of a problem for the elderly as they are more integrated into the healthcare system. The NHS certainly would have no idea where I lived before i emigrated. I don't know how they were planning on sending me a letter.
Not just letters. Emails and MSN too. Keep up.

The electoral roll does that, devolved to councils. Also if you are registered with a GP, as most folk are, then no problem.

Everyone over 16 is on the HMRC database - that's pretty centralised - and can be easily cross refd with passports/driving licenses.

A centralised database would be pretty big brother, no? I thought folk were against that on here. Besides everyone with a phone has voluntarily GPSd themselves anyway.
This user would like to thank RufusB for this useful post: