View Single Post
Old 13.01.2021, 16:10

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
danilins has earned some respectdanilins has earned some respect
SWICA threatens to replace my student VVG policy in a week with a more expensive KVG

Hello everyone,

I am a student on a B permit and took out a student supplementary insurance package (VVG) with SWICA since I arrived last September. I submitted the application for exemption to Gesundheitdirektion Zürich also in September. The application is still being processed as of today. I have paid insurance premiums as usual in the previous months.

Since September, one SWICA officer kept asking me for the exemption form. Every time, I checked the application status and it was still being processed, and I forwarded him the status.

Today, I got an email from the same officer demanding the exemption form (which is still being processed) by next week, or otherwise it would "assume" that the application was rejected and would "need to replace" my VVG package with the more expensive compulsory package (KVG)! The officer was citing Art. 3 in the ZVB, which said

Quote:
Art. 3 Versicherbare Personen

Die STUDENT CARE kann von einer Person beantragt werden, die:
– aus dem Ausland in die Schweiz einreisen will oder eingereist ist und
– sich vorübergehend in der Schweiz zum Zweck einer Aus oder Weiterbildung aufhält (wie namentlich Schüler, Studenten, Praktikanten, Stagiaires) und
– vor Vollendung des 45. Altersjahres steht und
– keiner obligatorischen Versicherungspflicht untersteht, sich davon befreit hat oder ein Gesuch um Befreiung einreicht.

Bei einer rechtskräftig gewordenen Ablehnung des Gesuchs um Befreiung von der Versicherungspflicht gemäss KVG gilt der Versicherungsantrag per Antragstellung als nichtig.

which only says the policy will be nullified when the application is rejected. No mention about when it is pending or about the conversion to KVG! I also haven't reached 45, so I don't think I miss any requirement in Art. 3. I don't believe they are allowed to do this.

What would be the right course of actions here?

- Should I send a registered letter this week to perhaps the Head of Client Services objecting this?