View Single Post
Old 13.01.2021, 17:57
Forum Legend

Groaned at 193 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 13,326 Times in 6,948 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What’s App

Quote:
View Post
If anyone needs instructions on how to keep your chat history when deleting your Whatsapp account.

How to download WhatsApp chat history and delete your account

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/137208...lete-whatsapp/
How to get out of whatsapp advised by Sun. My first thought was .... never mind. But they got it right. Only the exporting part did not work for me, only the last message was in there. I know because I lost a dear friend and wanted to keep our conversation before deleting as we shall never be able to talk again.
What I did was highlightening it all, copied it, inserted it in a document. All I had to do after that was insert the dates as they were not copied. As to the photos I shifted those I wanted to keep out of the whats-app folder into other ones, just to be safe. Meaning I don't know if the photos in the galery/whatsapp folder will be deleted when closing the whatsapp account.

For the smile-thread actually: I smile because my contacts keep trickling in on Signal. (I get a message each time one does .... so much for sneaking in privately )