View Single Post
Old 13.01.2021, 22:10

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
dmanor has no particular reputation at present
Re: [Drivers licence] Conversion and questions, Mark II

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

I've been in Switzerland for the past year and maintained my Italian residence as well, last month I took the exam in Italy for the cat. A driving license and now I'd like to convert my driving license (A & B) to a Swiss one. Problem is I didn't know I couldn't do that:

Can I exchange ANY license into a Swiss license?
- Unless special circumstances, it must not been issued aboard while you were a Swiss resident.
- You must have acquired your license while you were not a Swiss resident (exceptions apply).

Now my question is, what are those special circumstances/exceptions? I couldn't find anything official / unofficial on this topic.

Thank you in advance!

Hallo all

Same Q. as OP above, with a twist. I have B Permit in switzerland and last year I had failed the kontrolfahrt (I am a citizen of a non-happy country). Due to covid I havent yet started the process for getting the new license from scratch.

I am also a permanent resident in Sweden, where I never bothered to get a driving licence since I did not drive much. I am considering getting a DL there next month, and bringing it back into switzerland to simply exchange it.

Would there be any problem in this? Any help appreciated!