View Single Post
Old 13.01.2021, 23:21

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
danilins has earned some respectdanilins has earned some respect
Re: SWICA threatens to replace my student VVG policy in a week with a more expensive

An update:

I contacted ETH office and was confirmed that SWICA is not supposed to this. So, now the ETH office contacted the SWICA contact person for ETH students, and we are waiting to hear back from them.

Quote:
You are running against the three month deadline after which anyone arriving and living in Switzerland is required to have mandatory health insurance according to KVG. The key issue is why has the Gesundheitsdirektion not decided yet on the exemption. I would focus on that and contact the Gesundheitsdirektion (instead of simply forwarding the tracking status): 3-4 months on what is simple administrative matter is excessive.
I received a letter from Gesundheitsdienst a few weeks after submitting my application that the clock for 3-month deadline will now stop as my application for exemption is being processed. Most of ETH new students in the group chat also didn't receive it so far; the ones who do are all with European Health Insurance Card. ETH also said it could take up to 6 months to hear back even in normal time, especially now with the Covid situation. There is a student who did internship last March and just got the exemption now.

Last edited by danilins; 13.01.2021 at 23:53.
This user would like to thank danilins for this useful post: