View Single Post
Old 14.01.2021, 06:09

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
TheLaughingCow has earned the respect of manyTheLaughingCow has earned the respect of manyTheLaughingCow has earned the respect of many
Re: Should I get supplementary insurance?

If you're female just something to consider :

1. Supplemental insurance will help cover Pap Smears not covered by your main insurer. This was an issue for me when I was pregnant. A Pap Smear was required as part of the initial pregnancy visit. The main insurer wouldn't cover it, even though it was listed as a necessary prenatal exam. My supplemental insurer did.

2. Pregnancy - If you plan on becoming pregnant or think you might, it might good to think about having supplemental insurance. Many supplemental insurers want you to be insured with them for 2 years before covering any costs related to pregnancy .

Things that supplemental insurance could help cover during pregnancy are lab tests, treatments like acupuncture, prenatal and pregnancy courses, massage, which doctor you can have deliver your baby ( meaning the head doctor or doctor on staff ), it can also help pay the cost of a private or semi-private room and meals for your spouse if they stay with you in hospital . I'm sure there may be other benefits, but it's all I could think of at the moment.

If you're not a female or not pregnant : The main benefit that we saw was helping pay for a nicer more private room, eye glasses, and if I remember correctly some travel insurance coverage so that we were covered overseas in case of an accident or emergency.

HTH
This user would like to thank TheLaughingCow for this useful post: