Thread: Ask a Scientist
View Single Post
  #2092  
Old 14.01.2021, 11:49
Ace1's Avatar
Ace1 Ace1 is offline
A modal singularity
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Morgins, VS (and Alsace)
Posts: 8,850
Groaned at 360 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 15,035 Times in 6,511 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ask a Scientist

Quote:
View Post
It's fine, you killed any bacteria that was in it when you cooked it. Vegetables aren't generally a source of food poisoning/bacterial contamination anyways (at least, not in Switzerland).
Quite.

But, if you leave in uncovered for long enough, like a couple of days, or even if it's covered but has been left exposed at some point, it may start to develop mould. Normally this would be obvious, but it's possible that a slimy surface layer might not be noticed, particularly if you've liquidised the soup. I don't think it would kill you, but your digestive system may not like it very much.

We often make soup in the pressure cooker that will be reheated two or three times over the next couple of days, but not refrigerated. Just bringing it back to pressure each time seems to do the job.
__________________
http://www.chaletbeauroc.com
Reply With Quote