View Single Post
Old 14.01.2021, 13:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 39 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 17,258 Times in 4,448 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Importation meat products post-brexit

Quote:
View Post
In fairness (and I'm no supporter of the EU) if you visit the USA, Australia and a good many other countries, you are not allowed to bring in sandwiches or any types of meat or cheese etc. If you do it will be confiscated and you'll get a nice fine. The driver was lucky it was only confiscated.

And the same rules apply to travellers coming into the EU from other non-EU countries, not just the UK. I've no idea though what you can bring in from the UK to Switzerland as a personal import, though I see the Britshop and the British Corner Shop are still selling meat and dairy products for delivery in / to Switzerland.
That's commercial trade. There should be checks/certification on quality and safety but at the moment it's very confusing for my cheese suppliers in the UK about exactly what they should be doing.

Most seafood caught in Scotland was always exported to the EU, seamlessly of course. Now Groupage deliveries (trucks taking pallets from different suppliers) with DFDS to the EU have been halted as the smaller suppliers just have no idea what to do re paperwork etc. Before Brexit seafood caught in Scotland was with customers in France within 24 hours, now it's taking 3 days or more. Project fear? yeah, right.

Monger of fine British Cheeses