View Single Post
Old 14.01.2021, 14:20
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
daniellabird has no particular reputation at present
Re: Cost of levothyroxine

Over the years I've had CSS, Group Mutuel, and KPT insurance. Levothyroxine (goes under the names Eltroxin and Euthyrox here) has not been covered until the franchise is met. The cost varies a bit depending on the insurer but is similar to the numbers others have reported:
Approx 22 chf for a box of 100 tablets (100mcg) at the pharmacy, or through the insurer's own pharmacy 14.80 chf per box. So won't break the bank. Lab tests are also not covered by the insurance until the franchise is met.

Unless you have substantial other yearly healthcare costs, it's definitely **not** worth paying more per month for your insurance to have a lower franchise just to get this medication covered.

A "Dauerrezept" here is valid for 1 year, and then they want you to make another appointment with your provider. Once your doctor has seen you a few times, it seems they're relatively ok with providing a prescription renewal for one more year without seeing you in person. I've just tried that for a second year as I'm trying to avoid unnecessary contact with covid until cases drop and such, and they've scheduled a phone consultation before reissuing the prescription.