View Single Post
Old 14.01.2021, 13:48
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 84 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 18,353 Times in 8,203 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
I think I didn't make my point clearly enough. Since the impeachment last year, impeachment has now lost its gravity and the door has been left open for future Presidents to be impeached over any misdemeanor.

What I rather meant is how will it look, or rather how President Trump will manipulate the outcome once he is likely acquitted by the Senate? Won't he just say it exonerates of any wrong doing? This is why I'm not sure it's the best course of action (unless of course the votes are there).
I think it started with the impeachment of Clinton. It wasn't handled all that well and left the impression on many that it was a petty, partisan act. Because of that, Trump's first impeachment also seemed to be a petty, partisan act.

Quote:
View Post
BTW, lets not forget, a full 192 Reps voted AGAINST impeaching Trump yesterday. CNN is trying to portray this as a bi-partisan vote, which it absolutely wasn't. Unfortunately.
Technically speaking it was bipartisan because some Rs voted for it. But it was by no means overwhelmingly bipartisan.

I know pundits are saying that if McConnell flips and votes to impeach Trump then it's a game changer. I can't see him doing that. I also can't see the Senate mustering up 17 Republicans (34% of the total R senators) to vote against Trump. After all, only 10 House Republicans (4.5% of the total R House members) voted against Trump.
The following 6 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post: