Thread: Cancel Culture
View Single Post
Old 14.01.2021, 16:36
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 444 Times in 260 Posts
Thanked 2,734 Times in 1,244 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cancel Culture

Quote:
View Post
They aren't judging a competitor. They are refusing to host an app. If Parler etc was a true competitor they wouldn't need other platforms to launch it.

Twitter is a private company.

Try this:

Person A wants to sleep with Person B.

B says no. Doesn't actually need to give a reason because their body, their choice etc but they do: they don't like A's politics. Or shoes. Or haircut. Whatever.

A takes exception and says "that's discriminatory because those things are irrelevant to the fact that i want to sleep with you".

Makes no damn difference. The reasons were provided by B to be polite etc. All they needed to do was say No. Because their body, their choice.

A monopoly decision, if you will, but still final.

End of.
Whether intentionally or not, you're still not getting the issue here, so to follow on from your rather clumsy analogy:

Person A wants to sleep with Person B.

B says no.

A takes exception and says "OK, I'll go and take my business to person C" (as it's related to business I'll make a clumsy sex trade analogy)

B says "OK, I'll get my pimp to mess up person C because I don't want you taking your trade anywhere"