View Single Post
Old 17.01.2021, 02:32
cogito cogito is offline
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Zürich
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cogito has no particular reputation at present
Self-employed in home country (non-EU) starting consultancy in CH. Anobag?

Hello all,

I'm based in Zürich for a little over one year now. Back in my home country (non-EU) I'm the 50% shareholder at a limited company and an employee. I receive roughly 2k CHF and it is taxed in my home county.

Again, in my home country, I'm the 100% shareholder of another limited company (for consulting) where I don't receive any salaries currently. Back in the day, it did business but not for some time.

Now, I started to do some consulting for some ZH-based startups and I want to invoice them for my services. Since I have that consulting company back home, my initial idea was to invoice them through that but everything is getting a little bit too confusing.

Since I'm not employed (per se) but self-employed in my home country, how can I have a proper setup where I can continue getting paid with my company (50% shareholder one) and service my CH-based clients?

The last thing I want is to find myself in tax-related chaos. I want to do everything by the book, therefore, I'm looking forward to hearing any advice you may have.

P.S.: My home country has a double-taxation treaty with CH.
P.S.: I'm not employed at a CH company.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote