View Single Post
Old 17.01.2021, 10:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,175 Times in 779 Posts
Thanked 18,999 Times in 7,367 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dutch oven - casserole dish

Quote:
View Post
I suspect you may mean "all bought a long time ago so not as expensive as they seem now".

Most of our le Creuset stuff was bought in the UK 25 years ago, and yes, it was expensive by the standards of the time. Since then we've replaced a couple of items, but find prices in France to be just as high as anywhere else. Buying on sale is the only way to get a really good deal on them.

It's worth noting the 25+ year lifespan though. We've gone through several other cast-iron/enamel pots that have failed to last half as long, with chipped, bubbled or just plain worn-out enamel. The latest one we've acquired is a flat wide casserole dish, by Denby, and was 'bought' with some bonus points my wife needed to use up. Had it for a year or so and it looks like it's up to the Creuset standards in quality, if not even better.

In short, le Creuset seems to be worth every penny, and it's expensive everywhere, but worth looking around for good deals on discontinued or unpopular colours.
How DARE you question Tom. If he says he bought 20 Le Creusets in France for 20chf each a year ago then I for one believe him.
The following 3 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: