Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 19.01.2021, 13:07
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 238 Times in 150 Posts
Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,015 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Universities have been doing distance learning since the beginning of November and buses are still packed. And just because people are studying from home doesn't mean they won't go out.

Better to shut down public transport or reduce it to a mininum, keep schools, small shops and unis open and let people find whatever means they want to reach whatever destination they desire (shops, schools, unis, etc).
Reducing transport would just crowd the transport more ... & people do need to get to places, if I were sick and needed to go to the doctor, would I be expected to walk in the snow?

The buses I see packed are full of teenagers ... I do not know which school they are going to, but whatever school teenagers go to (back home it would be just "high school"). We all know that these teens have the propensity to not be cautious about this virus and or bringing it home to their families...I really believe there should either be a "pause" (for welding courses etc.) or distance learning for 3 months. This shouldn't effect their future too much...they would most likely be happy about it, I know I would have as a teenager.

https://www.20min.ch/story/gymnasias...t-836164721572

Last edited by Susie-Q; 19.01.2021 at 13:26.