Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 19.01.2021, 13:18
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 444 Times in 260 Posts
Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,244 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
To be honest I am surprised that the yearly death rate is not that high when the reported number of daily deaths is higher. I think there could be two reasons first, the reported Covid deaths could be covering deaths with all kinds of reasons, as long as the Covid infection is present. And second, the affected people are mostly older people, many of whom would have died during that year anyway, and the yearly death rate is not that much impacted.
This is calculated from all deaths in Sweden. Another factor could be that the death rates for the elderly in Sweden was lower in the last 2-3 years. I've said all along that this whole discussion has been too focused on Covid rather than the long term damage that lockdowns cause. This just shows that even when we focus on Covid that Sweden hasn't performed too badly all things considered.

The encouraging data from Israel and the US states that are ahead in their vaccination rollout mean that as soon as all over 70s are vaccinated there is zero excuse for any continuation with these damaging lockdown measures.