Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 19.01.2021, 14:14
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 38 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,465 Times in 1,201 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I'm really starting to feel desperate about the vaccine ... do we have any outlook on when under 75's who are at risk might be vaccinated? I've signed us up here in Bern, but apparently even the over 75's in this canton aren't getting them unless they have a chronic disease.

My husband and I's depression is spiralling & we feel a bit hopeless...

My biggest fear is that by the time we are able to get vaccinated, they will give us the far less effective Astra Zeneca one. I know it hasn't been approved yet, but I don't foresee it not being approved.
Its less effective at preventing an infection, not necessarily at preventing you from getting ill.

I would try and reduce your anxiety about this disease. At 40 I suspect that your mental health is at more of a risk than your physical health even with a chronic condition. I'm not saying don't take it seriously - but don't let it run your life.

We are 1% vaccinated more or less. I think 40 year olds will have to wait some time. If I were you I'd presume April or so, and if its earlier than that count that as a bit of a blessing.
The following 6 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post: