Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 19.01.2021, 22:31
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 82 Times in 78 Posts
Thanked 18,302 Times in 8,178 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Has anyone used that PCR test from Roche/Viselio that can be done at home? They say it is accepted in several countries and is reliable.
No, but I went to their website and watched the video and looked at the data they want to collect.

Quote:
View Post
I haven't heard of it, but to me it sounds quite implausible that a self-administered PCR test can be accepted anywhere (it has to be carried by professionals by inserting a long flexible stub into your nose down your throat and is quite uncomfortable, done it three times here for travel).
If done properly I could see how it could be accurate, but then if you can do this less invasive technique at home, why on earth do they need to tickle your brain at the official sites?

Quote:
View Post
I also cannot see how this could work. What you need is generally not a test, but a certificate from a reputable lab.
I believe the lab they work with issues the certificate.

FYI the website asks for tons of personal information, including passport number and trip details if the test is for travel.

Quote:
View Post
I'm really starting to feel desperate about the vaccine ... do we have any outlook on when under 75's who are at risk might be vaccinated? I've signed us up here in Bern, but apparently even the over 75's in this canton aren't getting them unless they have a chronic disease...
Have you been assigned a group letter? I have friends in group E and group N. No dates for those yet.

Bern only started rolling out their vaccine program on the 11th of January so they're not very far along yet. So far they also haven't done a very good job of publicizing from what I've seen. I had to hunt for info myself and ask around.
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post: