View Single Post
Old 20.01.2021, 12:00
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 82 Times in 78 Posts
Thanked 18,278 Times in 8,168 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PCR covid test 24-36 hours Zürich area

Quote:
View Post
Well, me personally I'm not ready to pay 200 CHF for a PCR test. Being based in Bern I'd rather take another solution (under the condition that the border is open for travelling): Travel by train to Frankfurt airport (takes less than 3 hours longer than to Zurich airport), do the excellent organised Covid-19 PCR test für 69 EUR, staying in the hotel and traveling (with a cheaper airfare) next day to my destination.
Not a bad idea, but could be tricky. The rules keep changing it seems almost daily. I think at the moment you can enter Germany without a PCR test if you're only there for shopping or transit.

However I am not sure that arriving one day, renting a hotel room, and flying out the next day counts as "leaving the country immediately" under the rules. If it doesn't count, you'd need a PCR test just to go to Germany anyway because Switzerland is classified as a risk area.