Thread: Cancel Culture
View Single Post
Old 21.01.2021, 11:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 344 Times in 280 Posts
Thanked 15,458 Times in 7,925 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cancel Culture

Quote:
View Post
Good morning children, today we're going to teach you how to meme

I do think this is a good point though, this does need to be on the curriculum. Many parents just can't cope with it. The speed with which social media has taken over the planet has just caught everyone cold.

President Von der Leyen spoke yesterday on the subject of tech censorship and had this to say "We want it laid down clearly that internet companies take responsibility for the content they disseminate."

"Politicians and parliaments, not Silicon Valley managers, should decide who to ban from platforms".

It was probably going to happen eventually anyway, but Twitter may yet live to regret the banning of President Trump once the chains of regulation start to impact the platform. Maybe the regulators will be the new "tyrant" you speak of?
Hehe, they know that, don't worry. What most of them don't know are other things...much more important. I don't know, it just bugs me to see very young kids completely wired to this stuff. Not FB specifically, that's mesozoic era for them.
But then again their parents do the same so....

I think Twitter et.co took advantage of the existent legislation or lack thereof and profited, pirate style, for a very long time. Now things got worse because many people live in their computers instead of libraries (for instance) and they decided to act so they can't be accused of anything later on. Was it really necessary? If so, why so late? Frankly I don't know, like really know, not "I don't have an opinion".
Oh, and politicians deciding who gets banned.......another huge can of worms.
The following 3 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: