View Single Post
Old 22.01.2021, 08:30
ILoveCH ILoveCH is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
ILoveCH has no particular reputation at present
Hello Martin

I have read a bit about what you want to do. This is my experience with starting a small, home food business in Switzerland. It's more of less identical to the laws in the UK. If you read the UK government documents pertaining to your product, or what you would like to do, you'll get a pretty good idea of what the Swiss will expect. It's not that difficult and not that expensive. I am not an expert but from what I know you need to clearly document what goes into your product, how you make it. Then request that samples be tested by your Kanton food and safety board. You will pay for the tests but it won't be expensive. Those folks selling Jams on the roadside, e.g. farmers have to go through hoops too. Special rules for selling at markets, roadside, from your home etc. But if English is easier for you I really suggest the UK info. Or the EU laws also in English. I have spent months reading them all and reading all the Swiss federal and Kanton documents. They are all more or less the same. Lots and lots of helpful UK websites written simply for people like you to get the answers they need. My 2 cents worth 😁

Hello again

written in simple language for everyone to understand

Good luck


Last edited by roegner; 22.01.2021 at 09:32. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ILoveCH for this useful post: