View Single Post
Old 23.01.2021, 16:57
Forum Legend

Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,754 Times in 11,005 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Well I've only been buying wine in Switzerland for around the last 6 years. It's hard to say how prices have developed in that time. I am quite selective. I have a penchant for fine Burgundy and Bordeaux which are not cheap. Looking at the price of these from some of the top cellars in Switzerland was a pleasant surprise compared to trying to procure such bottles in Ireland. Still burns a hole in the pocket though!

On the flip side you can pick up some fantastic wines in Denner, at a really excellent QPR for more everyday drinking. Also coop when the 20% offer is on offers great value when you compare to supermarket wine elsewhere.
In France I generally spend €12-25 on a bottle, I find in the UK prices are not so different in that price range. The €2.50 wine in France will be 5.00 in the UK & still make you feel like shit the day after

For Swiss wine I find the entry level to be higher for anything drinkable, probably Chf 22 plus