View Single Post
Old 23.01.2021, 17:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 446 Times in 384 Posts
Thanked 18,534 Times in 9,818 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Well I've only been buying wine in Switzerland for around the last 6 years. It's hard to say how prices have developed in that time. I am quite selective. I have a penchant for fine Burgundy and Bordeaux which are not cheap. Looking at the price of these from some of the top cellars in Switzerland was a pleasant surprise compared to trying to procure such bottles in Ireland. Still burns a hole in the pocket though!

On the flip side you can pick up some fantastic wines in Denner, at a really excellent QPR for more everyday drinking. Also coop when the 20% offer is on offers great value when you compare to supermarket wine elsewhere.
Plus one for Denner, often offer fine wines at half price and usually once a month an extra 20% discount