Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 25.01.2021, 14:56
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 277 Times in 170 Posts
Thanked 3,513 Times in 1,251 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
My eldest daughter in the UK was in tears on the phone last night. Because so many neighbours don't follow the rules, have had huge repeated parties and visitors to stay over Christmas (many from abroad who did not isolate)- and this keeps going on. The local park is full of teenagers going wild, drinking, snogging and more- and the police break them up and they return. Grandchildren have missed so much school, home learning again since Christmas, no sport, no friends, no family, and no grandparents (us here and others in NI)- and they know their friends and families are not following the rules.
Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Bern ... I treated myself to a walk and so many people were out and about doing the same. Groups of teens hanging out in the parks drinking beers, families meeting with their children all playing together, I just shook my head in bewilderment. One of the local parks even had outdoor bars set up where people could grab drinks to drink in the park. I was so surprised at how full the city was despite everything to do being closed.

I understand your daughter's pain, I hope it gets better soon. Take care