Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 25.01.2021, 15:53
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 282 Times in 175 Posts
Thanked 3,559 Times in 1,270 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Today, I received an invitation via SMS to come to a neighbor's house for coffee on Thursday. I don't really know her, but we've spoken a few times while passing each other in the 'hood.' She has three kids (two are teenagers). I hope she doesn't think I'm rude if I decline because of the virus. I was actually a bit surprised by the invite, to be honest.
Ugh, don't worry if she thinks it is rude or not - in my opinion, it is rude of her to ask. We should be keeping all social interactions to a minimum. I am quite social and in the past year, I've had only 4 social engagements in total. 2 of those were tested prior to visiting ... seeing friends I can understand is important, but why see people you don't know? I chat with my neighbors, no need to invite them in to consume goods and have close contact. Sorry for the rant...
The following 3 users would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post: