Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 25.01.2021, 18:23

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
DarkHarlequin has earned the respect of manyDarkHarlequin has earned the respect of manyDarkHarlequin has earned the respect of many
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
I had my yearly mammogram in Bern this morning. I always see the radiologist afterward to look at the image and find out if there are changes, etc. My images were unremarkable, so good news.

But, the radiologist was telling me that heís biopsied so many tumors this year that were much larger than they should have been and presented as more serious disease simply because people waited. I donít know if people waited because they were afraid, or because they couldnít get into see their own doctors, but it has been detrimental to health. I think the radiologist sees breast patients.
This issue is preoccupying a fair few folk here in the embarrassingly ivory twin towers in Basel. Weíve seen demand for testing for a lot of potentially life threatening illnesses and diseases slump while the COVID testing has obviously sky rocketed.

Itís extremely challenging in the current climate to highlight this to health authorities and government departments when everyone is so focused on the coronavirus. Not helped by the relative strength of our oncology portfolio as it comes across as self serving rather than the warning and very real concern that it is.
The following 3 users would like to thank DarkHarlequin for this useful post: