Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 25.01.2021, 21:20
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 25,302 Times in 7,890 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
Do you think itís patients themselves driving this....staying out of the hospital, or referring physicians, or something else?
Only one data point, but:

Iíve been waiting almost a year for a biopsy.

Surgery has been cancelled twice now, first in Feb 2020 due to the first wave shutdown. Tried to reschedule after the lockdown but due to backlogs and bureaucratic ... confusion... it took until October to get on the hospital schedule again. And then came the second wave, surgery was cancelled again.

I finally in December convinced the GP to refer me to another clinic, one that is still doing surgeries. First available appointment for a consultation is in February.

So thatís a year lost.

Getting through the gate keepers has been the most difficult part. My problem is that the biopsy is needed for diagnosis, but without a concrete diagnosis I am not a priority and so the biopsy keeps getting cancelled. Kind of a Teufelskreis.

I know a few people in the same boat. Itís not fear or hesitation that keeps them away, rather limited access.
The following 15 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: