View Single Post
Old 26.01.2021, 19:38
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 84 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 18,341 Times in 8,199 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Yes it is dreadful. But you have to place this in the context of Brexit- and that the UK chose to leave the EU, and chose, and then boasted very loud, making it a massive positive point 'that because of Brexit we were able to get our hands on the vaccine and approve it before all in the EU' blasted all over the Press/TV/Social media, etc. The EU chose to work together on the approval and the contracts to order large numbers- so in thise case, it is totally understandable.
I realize we're in the Brexit thread but my anger was more generalized. Many of the wealthy countries have "secured" vaccine dose quantities that would vaccinate their entire population multiple times over. Meanwhile poorer countries are left with scraps, despite the fact they're less well-equipped to handle the pandemic.

This article is older but it shows the disparity:
https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-relea...ading-covid-19

The UK is hardly in a terrible position when you consider they have vaccinated nearly 10% of the adult population. Only Israel and I think one other country have vaccinated more people per capita.
The following 3 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post: